What is the need to see a fertility doctor?

2022-07-15 0 By

In normal couples of childbearing age, the woman has regular ovulation (once a month), the man has normal semen and normal sex life, and the chance of conceiving every month is about 25%.Moreover, the odds of conception increased with the duration of pregnancy trial at 1 year: 25% at 1 month without contraception, 50% of couples at 3 months, 70% at 6 months without contraception, and 83% at 1 year.If you have not been pregnant for more than 1 year and your chances of becoming pregnant no longer increase significantly, you should not rely on prolonged trial pregnancy to improve your chances of becoming pregnant, which requires medical intervention.Therefore, if both husband and wife have fertility requirements, and if they are still not pregnant after a considerable period of pregnancy or there are fertility related factors, they should seek help from specialist doctors in time.The main aspects are as follows: infertility couples of reproductive age have normal sex life, 2-3 times/week, ≥1 year and still have not conceived;In addition, a number of studies and a large number of clinical cases show that the fertility of women ≥35 years old is significantly reduced, the incidence of infertility is increased, and the incidence of post-conception abortion, preterm birth, gestational hypertension, gestational diabetes and other pathological pregnancies is increased, and the rate of fetal malformation and mortality is increased.Compared with women of optimal childbearing age of 20-30 years old, women ≥35 years old had worse pregnancy and delivery outcomes, and the maternal and infant morbidity increased.Its important reason is ≥35 years old ovarian function significantly decreased, the body’s vital organ function decline, affecting pregnancy and childbirth.At present, the age of women in the reproductive sense is defined as ≥35 years old.Male advanced age affects sperm quality, which in turn affects egg fertilization and embryo development. Male advanced age is defined as ≥40 years old.Therefore, elderly couples who want to have a child should seek medical advice earlier: elderly couples (≥35 years for females, ≥40 years for males) who have not conceived for more than 6 months;If a woman is at least 40 years old and has not become pregnant within 3 months, seek medical attention immediately or as soon as possible.There are high risk factors affecting pregnancy and childbirth in reproductive organs and vital organs and systems closely related to reproduction.1. Ovulation disorder: the main manifestations are irregular menstruation, menstrual cycle (the interval between the first day of two menstruation) beyond the range of 25-35 days, common patients with polycystic ovary syndrome or decreased ovarian reserve function.2, pelvic factors: previous history of ectopic pregnancy or pelvic inflammatory disease, previous history of pelvic surgery (such as appendectomy, tubal surgery, ovarian cyst removal, etc.), these factors may lead to pelvic adhesion or fallopian tube obstruction and affect the oviduct parasol end after ovulation egg collection, sperm egg combination and fertilized egg transport.3, previous adverse pregnancy history: such as spontaneous abortion, ectopic pregnancy, fetal malformation, etc., the risk of adverse outcomes of the second pregnancy is increased, and high-risk factors should be assessed and screened before the second pregnancy;4, the existence of reproductive organ diseases: uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, history of sexually transmitted diseases, etc.;5, there are related to the reproductive organs or other system diseases: thyroid disease (hyperthyroidism, JiaJian and autoimmune thyroid diseases, etc.), high insulin hematic disease, autoimmune diseases such as lupus erythematosus, obesity and abnormal glucose tolerance, insulin resistance, etc., or critical organs such as lung, liver and kidney and blood system system disease;6, there is ovarian reserve function by risk factors: always has a history of ovarian surgery, has a history of radiotherapy or chemotherapy, is the man related factors such as family history of premature ovarian fertility is an important event, both sides of husband and wife half of the fetal genetic material from the father, should pay attention to the man factors of evaluation, the following situation will affect sperm quality.1. Abnormal descent of testis, history of testicular surgery or urogenital surgery;2 history of sexually transmitted diseases;3 varicocele;4 history of radiotherapy and chemotherapy.